Target Date: 31st December 2012
Target Weight: 8st 12lbs (without clothes)
Target waist measurement: 28″
Starting Weight: 9st 5lbs (without clothes)
Starting Waist Measurement: 33″ (yes you have read that correctly!)
Target for 30th September:
Lose 1lb (this will be measured by staying 1lb lighter for more than 7 consecutive days)
This is a mini target this month to allow for research and implementing ideas
Changes I have made so far –
- Eating one apple each day: I have done this religiously on my working days
- Buying biscuits that are lower in calories: I have bought a supply of Fig Rolls each one is only 61 calories – I ate 4 during the weekend at the cottage but we were doing plenty of manual labour – doesn’t that help burn the extra calories off?
- Avoiding cakes and biscuits at work: I have been tempted only 3 times in three weeks – main culprit was the M&S Chocolate Teacakes – 75 calories each.
- Measuring the amounts of yoghurt and cereal for breakfast
- Taking my supplements, omega oil and a sprinkle of Flaxseeds
- Drinking only water at work – partly so I don’t have to go to the kitchen and pass the tempting cake laden table at work
Small and not so small changes I need to address next –
Diet (Food and Drink intake and portion control)
- Make a snack plan – I need to take another snack to work for the afternoon and add some protein to my apple snack in the morning – as I have read this makes it a more balanced way to eat.
- Eat 2 Brazil nuts each day this will give me all the Selenium I need for the day
- Introducing a salad at lunchtime while at work Monday – Thursday
- Search my recipe books for some quick healthy meals to replace any ready meals that I might be tempted to use when I need a quick meal.
- Look at using a smaller dinner plate – our cereal bowls are already fairly small and I am weighing my breakfast so they are not a problem.
- I need to go to bed at 10.30 each night to get a good 8 hours sleep as I usually get up at 6.30am – bearing in mind I am sometimes stumbling into bed at 12.30 I may find this difficult to adjust and get everything done that I want to within waking hours if there are fewer – so bear with me if I do not reply to comments left or indeed comment on your posts whilst the adjustment takes place!
- This could be my biggest challenge and it really will be little steps as I will struggle to fit in any time for exercising. At one time I attended a Yoga class every Monday evening and would like to get back to this but I will have to wait until my daughter moves back into her own home (any
dayweek now!) as meal times are a bit frantic at the moment and I can’t cope with any more comings and goings. So I will practice three yoga exercises in the morning and evening, the Cat Pose, the Tree Pose and the Triangle Pose.
- I will increase my number of steps in a day – as I don’t know what my average is at the moment I might think about buying a pedometer – until then I will try to go for an evening walk around the block – this however depends on how early we can eat our evening meal, since my daughter and her partner have been here it is approaching 8.30 before we eat. Once they move out I can aim for 7.15pm when my better half gets home.
- I have read somewhere that it helps to have a mental picture of what you want to look like and to post pictures of this image around the house – so this is mine – a nice trim waist!
My thoughts and intentions –
There are a number of major adjustments to make like going to bed early and making tea earlier so I may do this in gradual 15 minute step reductions every other day over the coming week until I reach the target time. Life is difficult at work at the moment as my colleague has recently had her breast removed and if she has to have radiotherapy it may be a while until she is back (she is doing remarkably well though and sailed through the op) but meanwhile I have a heavy work load to keep up with and cannot guarantee getting away at 4pm on the dot.
I need to get down to some serious planning now for the snacks and meals so I have time to prepare and shop for them.
I also want to photocopy the Yoga poses and laminate them A5 size so I can stick them with those yellow sticky pads to the wall where I can see them.
So after a quick roam around my favourite blogs I had better start as I mean to go on and begin preparing for bed and a good LONG nights sleep.
Night, night everyone x