‘No matter how busy a man is, he is never too busy to stop and talk about how busy he is.’ Kahlil Gibran
Perhaps this is true of blogging as at the moment I am breaking off my busy tasks to write a short post!
Getting ready for tomorrow
- Try on clothes to find an outfit – done
- Check toiletries bag – done
- Clean shoes – done
- Collect items together to go to sister-in-law (items we have been storing waiting for such a moment to be able to pass them back and yeah – more empty space for us! – definitely done
- Wash and iron any clothes to take – done
- Collect together any items for journey – done
- Dishes – done
- Fridge to clean out – has to be another day
- 4 loads of washing – done many more than 4 – great drying day
- strip bed and wash – done
- Sewing – turn up lovely hubbly’s jeans – done
- Dust and Hoover our bedroom – done
- Dust and Hoover office – done
- Labelling items – ran out of time
- Check on directions for taking new supplements and make a note for kitchen notice board – nope
- Add items to shopping list as I think of them – done
- Plant plug plants – done – see below
Quite a productive day despite the raging heat which has left me feeling rather ‘cream crackered’. Must retire to bed now for some much needed beauty sleep for the party tomorrow and because we need to rise with the larks and be off on our journey at 8.30am – I had thought about giving everyone a timed ticked for the use of the shower room to prevent a queue building up tomorrow morning – 4 adults and one shower is not easy!
The best things come in little packages
I arrived home last night to find a surprise waiting for me…
The free perennial plug plants I sent for from Gardeners World magazine. I had forgotten all about them as they are quite late in arriving. They are all re-potted and hiding behind the shed for the weekend out of the direct sunlight. There are 6 tiny plants of Foxgloves, Geums, Lavender, Echinacea, Penstemon and Delphiniums and they are so cute I just hope they make up for lost time so that they can get established before the end of the summer.
Have a lovely weekend – I certainly will and hopefully one or two photos to post.
And before I go – welcome to my new readers from the Philippines and Ireland – I hope you enjoyed stopping by.