How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterward
Today I hit 21 again!!! Well a girl can dream can’t she? I was given the day off work because it is my birthday and after spending the last few weeks on overdrive I decided that I would quite like to do nothing – in fact a whole day of doing nothing, however, the reality is that I was not sure how to do nothing – especially when you have been used to speeding along in the fast lane trying to keep up with all life throws at you – doing nothing seems quite difficult.
So for today this is as close to nothing as I could manage
- Sleeping half an hour longer
- Eating a leisurely breakfast instead of grazing on the go
- Pottering around the house putting things away – quite a relaxing pastime really especially when still in your dressing gown (no rush to get washed and dressed today)
- Taking a very long hot shower
- Making a healthier lunch
- Sorting out my planner – weeding out the bits and pieces no longer required and updating To Do lists ready for the ‘back to normal’ speed tomorrow
- Spending a delightful afternoon chatting with friends who popped in to see me with cards and flowers and presents
- Catching up with a little TV whilst my birthday tea was prepared (and pudding too) – great treat
- Relaxing on the sofa after being banned from doing any washing up – even better treat!
I had a lovely day and I am feeling much more rested even though I didn’t quite manage to do nothing – all I have to do now is snuggle down in bed with a good book – I could get used to every day being a birthday.