Rain, rain and more rain…but I am sure it is about to stop because a) – it has now rained constantly almost since that sunny day in March when my sister got married (and how lucky was she!) and b) – tomorrow we are going to our cottage for 2 weeks…yeah…and I have ordered good weather. We set off tomorrow for Scotland to escape our normal busy lives here.
and my flowers are well in bloom…can’t wait to see my garden again. It is always a surprise to see how much everything has grown.
But before then the packing has to be attended to and as always the question is where to begin. Of course I won’t be even attempting to do the Friday Fling today
- Finish bits of washing for holiday
- Change and wash bedding – I like to put fresh bedding on before we go so it is clean to come back to.
- Wash clothes ready for work when we get back – I may not get them ironed but I know they will be clean for our return.
- Ironing to do – as much as possible
- Prepare clothes to take with us
- Pack some basic food items – we will shop for rest when we get there
- Quick flick round with the duster
- Run hoover over the floors
- Check bank accounts
- Water plants indoors
- Clear out the fridge
- Have a sit down for half an hour and a cup of tea!
So I won’t be blogging for a while until my return as we don’t have TV or phone or computer at the cottage – no technology just a mobile that only works at the bottom of the garden. Bye for now…